On WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm ET) on Tuesday, 28 February 2023:
WGAN-TV: Tom Sparks (Sparks Media Group): "I Paid $299 for a Matterport Digital Pro Package for a Real Estate Listing: What Every Matterport Service Provider Should Know"
To help you decide if Matterport Digital Pro is a threat to Matterport Service Providers (or an opportunity or no impact at all), I reached out to Scan Your Space (a Division of Sparks Media Group) Founder and CEO Tom Sparks offering for We Get Around Network to pay a Matterport Digital Pro package ($299) in exchange for Tom documenting the experience for the WGAN Forum community (and publishing the digital assets in the WGAN Forum).
I could imagine understanding the Matterport Digital Pro experience -- from an actual shoot -- would provide insight regarding if Matterport Digital Pro services powered by VHT Studios (a division of Matterport) is a threat or opportunity.
Eight months after Matterport announced it acquired VHT Studios (7 July 2022), Matterport launched its Matterport Digital Pro "all-in-one" solution for real estate agents powered by VHT Studios.
Matterport Digital Pro offers the following package for $299 (with optional add ons):
1. Matterport Tour
2. 25+ Photos
3. Schematic Floor Plan (B&W)
4. Teaser Video
I could imagine that $299 is less than what the majority of Matterport Service Providers charge for (what might sound like) a similar package.
When Matterport made this announcement on Wednesday, 15 February 2023, two different WGAN Forum discussions were started about, is Matterport Digital Pro a competitor to Matterport Service Providers? Specifically:
1. Matterport Digital Pro - your direct competition
2. Video: Matterport launches all in one solution, should you be worried?
Tom is uniquely qualified since he has documented shooting the same house with five Matterport capture solutions:
1. Matterport Pro3 Camera
2. Matterport Pro2 Camera
3. Matterport AXIS Kit [Motorized Mount (smartphone rotator)]
4. Ricoh THETA Z1
5. Insta360 One RS 1"
How about the same house done with Matterport Digital Pro Package to be able to compare apples-to-apples, I asked Tom.
Among the questions that I will ask Tom on WGAN-TV Live at 5 are:
1. What was the Matterport Digital Pro ordering experience like?
2. How long from ordering until the photographer showed up and how long to deliver the assets?
3. What was the Matterport Digital Pro scanning experience like (including which camera)?
4. What's the deliverable process like?
5. Your thoughts about how Matterport Digital Pro compares with a MSP (like you) shooting with a Pro2 or Pro3?
6. How does the job delivered by Matterport Digital Pro Package compare to your services?
7. Will you outsource large Matterport scans to Matterport Digital Pro since they say same price regardless of SQFT?
7. Other thoughts?