Leaked: Matterport Pro3 LiDAR Camera/Scanner 1st Reported by WGAN Forum Member @RealityMediaMix
Matterport Reseller Likely Jumps the Gun; Matterport Pro3 Page Removed from Reseller's Website
According to the now-removed webpage for the Matterport Pro3 LiDAR Scanner/Camera is: "The best priced 3D Camera to provide speedy capture and accelerate project completion with ease."
Here are the specs, according to the now removed webpage.
1. Outdoor Capture - Scans indoor and outdoor to capture entire properties in a single, high-quality model – even in full sunlight.
2. Long Range – Long-range performance allows for better, easier scanning of expansive spaces.
3. Dependable Accuracy – High accuracy laser scanner provides more precise measurements and higher fidelity 3D models.
4. Fast Scans – Faster scan times combined with greater scan range results in significant time-savings for larger properties. Scan 4X faster in extra large spaces and outdoor.
5. Professional Imagery – Professional photo resolution and color quality with unlimited 4K print quality photography.
6. The Best Price-Performance Mix – a fraction of the price of similarly-performing capture devices.
7. High Accuracy (0.2% devision) plus or minus 20mm (Pro2 deviation plus or minus 1%)
8. Sensor Range – 20 meters (66 feet) (Pro2 4.5 meters: 15 feet)
Since Matterport did its 2Q22 Fiscal Results announcement yesterday – Wednesday, 10 August 2022 – that might have been a time to make this Matterport Pro3 LiDAR Scanner/Camera announcement.
So, I could imagine that the earliest that the Matterport Pro3 LiDAR Camera/Scanner will be announced will be Monday, August 15, 2022. That said, Matterport usually distributes their media releases on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Founder and Managing Editor
We Get Around Network Forum